Experienced Games Designer
We love games, so we make games people love to play! Since 1997, PikPok has developed games for mobile, console, and PC that have engaged and delighted players with high quality art, immersive audio, intuitive gameplay, and rewarding in-game experiences. Our games have won industry awards, been given the Editor’s Choice distinction by the App Store and Google Play and been downloaded half a billion times in more than 200 territories worldwide.
PikPok values the contributions of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. We want our games to reflect the diversity of the people playing them now and in the future. People with a strong sense of curiosity, ownership, and who love to collaborate will fit well with our values.
In return, we commit to being an employer who values fun and delivery. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment where it is safe to be yourself. Our teams enjoy the satisfaction that comes from creating success and joy, entertaining the world, and working together.
We have a variety of benefits including free personal healthcare, unlimited sick leave, and regular training and personal development opportunities including monthly self-directed Lab Days and yearly Game Jams.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Experienced Games Designer to help create amazing games that engage and entertain.
Ideal candidates have worked in the games industry and have first-hand experience of the game development process from end-to-end. They will be enthusiastic about Free to Play games and have a solid understanding of compelling game loops and economies, balancing both company needs and player experience.
Experienced Games Designer is an intermediate level position. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, be able to present to groups and work closely with other disciplines, showing autonomy and collaboration while being able to take and receive feedback with empathy. Over time, as they gain more experience, they will be expected to take on more mentoring roles and will likely progress to become a senior designer.
The Experienced Games Designer’s responsibilities include:
- Align with the project vision and take ownership of your design responsibilities.
- Design creative solutions to project problems, as presented by Product Owner. Work closely with other disciplines to ensure those designs are clear, practical, and within project constraints.
- Design content for project(s), including but not limited to: levels, game mechanics, game systems, limited time events, economy drivers, and monetisation systems.
- Work constructively with designers on other teams, and design management, to help solve issues and improve the craft of design within PikPok.
- Work efficiently and effectively. Work independently when required, but also actively collaborating with others and being willing to mentor junior designers.
- Be flexible and prepared to work on a variety of projects, with a variety of needs.