Quality Assurance Lead
Who we are:
PikPok is Aotearoa New Zealand’s oldest and largest video game developer and publisher. We strive to successfully provide rich game experiences, crafted by talented teams who are curious, take ownership, and collaborate well. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive workplace that enables our teams to make games which will be enjoyed worldwide across mobile, desktop, and console.
About the Role:
The Quality Assurance department provides integral testing services to support the production teams at PikPok. Our comprehensive testing cycle comprises manual hands-on testing, test planning, bug tracking, and regression testing. We pride ourselves on fostering effective communication with the production team and stakeholders, while working within an agile framework.
The Quality Assurance Lead plays a pivotal role in supporting the ongoing growth and development of the Quality Assurance department and its team members. This is achieved through mentoring, training and skill development. The Quality Assurance Lead is dedicated to upholding the highest standards around process, policy and delivery expectation.
You’ll have a strong understanding of testing techniques and methodologies, excellent communication, situational awareness, and effective leadership skills.
You’ll need to be versed in promoting awareness, knowledge, and skills within the department and organization, while placing great importance on collaboration and teamwork to consistently deliver positive outcomes.
Quality Assurance Department Goal
Via collaboration and teamwork, we strive to ensure that our products are free from bugs, function as designed and satisfy the expectations of our players.
- Prioritize the power of teamwork and collaboration
- Apply a measured and systematic approach
- Pride ourselves on thoroughness, accuracy and timeliness.
The Quality Assurance Lead responsibilities include:
- Working directly with the Quality Assurance Manager & QA department (and independently as required), to help establish and actively drive the testing process and testing of PikPok products
- Process champion. Working with the Quality Assurance Manager and QA department to develop and continually review and revise process and procedure to promote the best outcomes
- Promote consistency around the quality of work and expectation of the QA department
- Managing and mentoring the professional growth of members of the QA department