Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Do you want to join an industry-leading team and manage IT projects end-to-end? Are you thorough, process-driven, and analytical? Do you want to work with an international company and lead the modern workplace transformation for our customers?
Overview of Mobile Mentor
Mobile Mentor is on a mission to empower modern hybrid workers to be more secure and productive by using Microsoft technology. Millions of companies are embracing hybrid work arrangements and need our help to secure all their devices and support their employees to be productive, wherever they work.
Mobile Mentor was named Microsoft’s 2021 Global Partner of the Year for Modern Endpoint Management and was a runner up in 2022 and 2023. We are a global leader in the endpoint ecosystem - securing all devices, apps, and data, and providing world-class support to modern workers who use Microsoft 365. As a Microsoft Elite partner, we have an exciting portfolio of services for the modern workforce, and we have a proven growth strategy that is based on a go-to-Market partnership with Microsoft. We are a Microsoft Security Solutions partner and expect to continue growing our capability & capacity in this space.
We have operations in the USA, Australia, and New Zealand, and we operate as one global team serving our customers remotely across geographies and time zones. Join our team and accelerate your career with an exciting international company!
Overview of Your Role
We are looking for an experienced, capable Project Manager to join our team. You need to be process oriented, organized, responsible and have a strong technical aptitude. You will be expected to take ownership for the end-to-end delivery of multiple client-facing, technical projects at a time, leveraging multiple resources to achieve high quality outcomes for our customers. You will report to the Head of the Project Management Office and will be expected to work hand-in-hand with the Professional Services and Managed Services teams to manage engineering and service resources.
We are looking for a project manager who is passionate about technology. The ideal candidate will have proven skills along with the ability to understand and solve business challenges by thinking outside the box. We value independent and critical thinking in an inclusive and complementary team environment.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in technical implementation projects and endpoint migrations in both the commercial and government sectors.
This is an US-based, remote role. Mobile Mentor is a strong supporter of modern work from home (it’s a big part of what we enable our clients to support in their own businesses) and support our employees to ensure that ecosystem is up to scratch.
- Management of multiple simultaneous projects
- Maintain project schedules, coordinate resources, monitor progress, and report on status
- Ensure quality is achieved through management of scope, schedule, resources, and budget
- Take responsibility for financial tracking of projects and processing of variations
- Foster partnerships with customers, stakeholders, and sponsors
- Manage and anticipate project change requests and change control process
- Handle and resolve escalations from internal and external project stakeholders
- Conduct internal and external meetings as required on projects
- Align project objectives with company goals and ensure the implementation team is clear on objectives
- Work with the sales team to expand and diversify project portfolio
- Assess, manage, track, and resolve risks and issues
- Leverage project management tool automations
- Manage documentation templates
- Occasional travel required
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Industry standard certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2
- 3+ years of experience managing IT systems and migration projects
- Good understanding of mobile device management and the benefits of modern cloud management
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to interact with the business and clients in a clear and effective manner
- Proven pattern of success with stakeholder expectation management
- Experience using agile methodologies to deliver customer value is a plus
- Experience working with virtual teams and coordination of teams in multiple locations
- Experience using project management tools such as Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, Jira, etc.
- You have a passion for technology and want to help clients modernize their IT systems
- You are a team player, comfortable working with internal staff and clients
- You are self-driven and can work autonomously when required
- You are self-learning and proactive in up-skilling yourself in a new area when required
- You can explain technology effectively to people who are not tech savvy
- You will have excellent time management and time recording skills
- You have a good level of financial management experience
Personal Attributes We’re Looking For
Much more than technical or industry-specific role experience, we’re looking for someone who brings the softer people skills with a ton of potential to learn, grow, and develop. Culture before experience is our mantra!! In the spirit of this culture-oriented focus, we’re looking for:
- People Oriented: You have a friendly, patient, and encouraging manner with customers, suppliers, and colleagues. You put people before technology.
- Structured thinker: You have a natural ability to absorb technical issues and simplify complexity for the customer. You are a lifelong learner.
- Team Player: You make a valued contribution to the team and are willing and flexible to meet its changing needs.
- Emotionally mature: You can withstand all kinds of feedback, are honest and have a good sense of humour.
- Organized: You can juggle several demands and stay cool.
- Flexible: You can adapt to meet the needs of a dynamic business.
- Assertive: You are pro-active and able to stand your ground when challenged.
- Passionate: You display passion and drive that is obvious to others. You are particularly passionate about people, Microsoft technologies, delivering great results, and great customer service.
- Responsible: You do not need to be micro-managed and are ready to be given responsibility and trusted to consistently deliver great results.
- Adaptable: You listen to new ideas and can adapt to different situations.
- Accountable: You take personal pride in delivering excellent results.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: You enjoy the dynamics of a small company and can cope with the emotional highs and lows.
- Personal Learning: You have a strong need for ongoing self-development, setting an example for knowledge sharing and learning.
- Energy: You are intrinsically motivated and bring personal drive to your work so that you create momentum around your chosen agenda.