Health & Safety Advisor
We are looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to join the team. Reporting to the National Health and Safety Manager, this role is about delivering a shared vision and commitment to an industry-leading health and safety culture at all levels of our business, developing and executing strategies moving towards a resilient health and safety culture.
- You will be action orientated, have excellent communication and influencing skills, be able to build and maintain relationships at all levels and have a desire to make positive change.
- Capturing the hearts and minds of our business on all things HS&E will be essential along with the ability to apply your learning from a relevant qualification in OSH or similar.
- You will be very organised with a business improvement, systems mindset which includes being technologically savvy as you will be dealing with all levels of the organisation, across multiple sites covering mainly the BoP and Waikato Region.
- In this role you’ll get to add value across the Health & Safety Environmental portfolio; operationalise strategies; implement HSE plans, actively engage the workforce and ultimately promoting a positive HSE culture.
- A strongly people focused role, your ability to gain buy-in and build positive interactive relationships across our management team and onsite staff will be the key to your success.
- A diverse and interesting mix of accountabilities, you’ll take the lead in advising on risk management including conducting assessments, recommending and driving ongoing improvements, process changes and providing advice on solutions for hazard and risk controls. You’ll ensure compliance with legislative and company standards and actively participate in investigations and reviews.
- Coaching staff on all things health & safety and environmental through training will be your forte combined with strengths in operations, administration, attention to detail and IT systems.
- Ideally, you will be someone who can hit the ground running and you might also have knowledge and experience working in the electrical or industrial industry.
- There will be times when travel to our various sites is required, so you will need to hold a full clean driver's license. A company vehicle (private use) is part of the total remuneration package.
McKay is New Zealand’s largest privately family-owned electrical contracting company with a depth of experience spanning over 90 years in providing end-to-end electrical and engineering solutions. McKay is the parent brand and has acquired and started a range of companies under the McKay Group name to serve all electrical and engineering needs. From renewable energy solutions to large construction projects, McKay can provide electrical services from initial design to through-life maintenance.
This position is permanent full-time, supporting offices in Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua, and Kawerau, the option of being based at any one of these sites.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make your mark and a role that you can take ownership of, this could be just the ticket for you!
For the right candidate, the McKay Group offers a wonderful culture, attractive rewards, and long-term career opportunities.
Applicants will need to supply a CV and cover letter with their application. In your cover letter, please tell us about what you would bring to McKay and what drives your passion for all things health and safety?
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand or Australian citizen, you must have the right to permanent residence.