- Full Time
- Application Closes 22 Feb 2024
- Northland - Whangarei
An excellent career opportunity exists for a Financial Accountant to join our team. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this role will suit an energetic and highly motivated individual.
Based in either the Winterless North, Whangarei or the City of Sails, Auckland - the choice is yours!
This role requires someone who can think on their feet, is a natural problem solver and that can deliver great results!
In this position you will work within the finance team and will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the finance function.
In this role, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining financial system processes
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts and the annual statutory accounts
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Assisting with annual budget and forecasts
- Monitoring and analysis of budget and forecast variances
To be considered, you will ideally have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Work experience with a sound knowledge of accounting standards
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Excel
- Knowledge of databases and report building
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of relevant Accounting Standards and Tax requirements
- Deadline driven with sound organisation and problem solving skills
- Exposure to ERP systems