Triboard Mill - Electronics Technician
Juken New Zealand (JNL)
Industrial Maintenance Electronics Technician
Juken New Zealand Ltd is a forestry and wood products company with forests and mills around the North Island. The two mills in Kaitaia are a 5½ day / 24 hr operation processing Radiata Pine into reconstituted wood panels and peeled, dried veneer.
An opportunity has now become available for two experienced maintenance Electronics Technicians to join our team based at our Triboard Mill in Kaitaia. This is a fulltime, 40+ hours per week salaried position.
$70 - $80,000 per annum
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform all duties in a manner that ensure the safety of self and other personnel on site. Assist in the identification, elimination and control of on-site hazards, non-conformances and corrective actions.
- Immediately report any injury, hazard or defective tools, equipment or machinery to manager
- Troubleshooting – take a leadership role during complex problems;
- Provide after-hours technical support and guidance in the resolution of serious electrical problems. Sometimes required to come to site at unusual hours, or for long hours, or both.
- Ensure resources will be available for when problems do occur, - documentation, manuals, drawings, critical spares, offsite support arrangements.
- Technical Support for specialised stand-alone equipment
- Electrical Projects
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of various technologies used on site, including:- PLC systems, hardware and software; HMI & SCADA workstation computers and software; plant networks, serial communications (RS232, RS422, RS485 etc); analog and digital electronics, microprocessors etc; process and PID controllers; instrumentation – flow, level, temperature, pressure, distance transducers and transmitters etc.
- Plant control system upgrades (PLCs, Networks, SCADA etc) to ensure ongoing supportability:
- PLC hardware, migration and software programming
- CITECT programming – relocation and improvements to controls and Human User interface
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- A competitive salary in line with your experience and qualifications
- Company Superannuation Scheme (in addition to Kiwisaver)
- Discounted Southern Cross Health Insurance
- A flexible working policy
Apart from experiencing the numerous stunning beaches, excellent fishing, walking tracks and wonderful hidden treasures of the Far North, we also offer a friendly work environment with lots of variety and challenges.
If this sounds like you, look no further and apply now!
For more information on our business please visit http://www.jnl.co.nz. A full PD is available on request.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment drug and medical tests, as well as a criminal record check.
Closing Date: 04 October 2023
We will be interviewing prior to the closing date.