Senior Software Engineer (full stack)
Gallagher is a rapidly growing technology company and global market leader, focused on protecting what matters most to customers around the world. Our technology protects some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses in 160 countries, which makes us New Zealand’s leading privately owned global tech exporter.
Every day we push the boundaries of what’s possible in prisons and palaces, universities, technology parks, government buildings and global businesses who are themselves developing leading products that are changing the world.
In the words of one of our team “We get to work on cool stuff every day and push the boundaries of what’s possible in our industry.”
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced full stack Software Engineer to take a leading role in the design and development of our award-winning security products. Reporting to the People Lead, you’ll be mentoring, sharing your technical expertise, and helping solve problems with our collaborative and agile development team. A key focus of this role will be on continuous improvement and quality, so you’ll also be conducting peer reviews and leading defect investigations.
We’re looking for a senior developer who is passionate about knowledge-sharing and keen to mentor a great team. You’ll have at least five years experience in commercial development and be proficient in using debugging tools to track down problems. To succeed in this role you’ll also have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Proficiency in C++ (specifically Win32, ATL, STL, understanding exceptions).
- Proficiency in C# (specifically WPF, generics, .NET4).
- Proficiency in cloud & web skills sets.
- Experience in SQL Server development.
- Exposure or proficiency with Ruby.
- Experience with automated testing, such as unit tests, automated API tests, UI automation, and other such techniques to improve the quality of software.
We work in a highly collaborative environment and believe in everyone having a voice. We have a strong focus on keeping up to date with industry trends through mentoring, regular development seminars, conferences, and working alongside customers who encourage us to push the boundaries every day.
We have a clear vision for the future and a drive to continually refresh the technology stack and architecture of our product to ensure long-term success for customers and ourselves. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus.
- Hybrid work environment – when you’re in the office you’ll have free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby.
- Family-friendly work culture with genuine flexibility.
- Retirement plan contribution up to 5% (on top).
- Life & Disability Insurance.
- Boost App membership; Gallagher staff discounts at a variety of NZ stores.
Make a significant impact in Gallagher's Security team and contribute to the success of our global business. Apply now to become a valued member of #TeamGallagher.