Director of Operations - North America
The Directorof Operationsfor North America is responsible for North America’s overall supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of goods. This position is responsible for leading, developing and executing the continuous improvement and supply chain strategy for Gallagher North America. This position will also provide leadership and direction to achieve best in class safety, quality, productivity, and cost performance. Contributes to growth strategy, leads due diligence and operations integration to deliver growth and performance objectives. This role seeks to gain group-wide performance improvement and to manage and continually improve the demand planning activities of Gallagher North America, as per agreed targets.
- Develops, manages and ensures the execution of strategic goals and plans to ensure US/Canada Operations excellence
- Support teams to stay accountable to goals through articulating a meaningful connection between strategy, planning and execution
- Adjust work activities and desired outcomes in response to changes to business strategy
- Strategically partners with the Gallagher executive leadership team in developing and executing the Gallagher business strategy
- Ensure ongoing transformation of Gallagher warehouse capability through a culture of continuous improvement
- Responsible for the overall management and oversight of the warehouse operations, ensuring high-quality production output, and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Oversee labor, capital, work in process and inventory to ensure profitability
- Establish and execute performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, including health and safety regulations.
- Leads US/Canada operational efficiencies, inventory efficiencies and economies of scale
- Drives leading edge lean operations, processes and technologies to improve safety, quality, delivery, and reduce costs
- Increases efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Work closely with Sales leaders to develop a strong and unified customer delivery team.
- Ensure building maintenance and functionality of the office is addressed.
- Set clear expectations and KPIs and provide regular, constructive feedback across your leadership team.
- Hold yourself and others to account for performance and behaviors.
- Create a positive people experience and culture of high engagement to illicit discretionary effort from the team.
- Demonstrate trust and confidence in others by empowering your team to make decisions and take responsibility.
- Foster a ‘curious’ culture that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
- Champion organizational development initiatives that motivate, engage, grow and retain the team i.e.: upskilling/ training, high potential growth opportunities, cross-functional work opportunities, recognition and reward programs etc.
- Develop a strong relationship with People Business Partner to adopt a collaborative approach to optimizing people opportunities and addressing people challenges.
- Oversees the management of personnel, budget and other resources to ensure goals and objectives are being met
- Ensures we are resourced to cope with seasonal and business growth to support service levels and customer commitments
- Prepares material, provides input and actively participates in the company S&OP meetings
- Ensures that the product forecasts are in line with the sales forecast and budgets
- To lead, promote, encourage and support health and safety practice.
- Provide leadership, engage with and support the development of the overall health and safety functions of the business, i.e.: policies, procedures, structures, and plans relative to sphere of influence.
- Ensure the workplace is safe through undertaking appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental practices.
- Undertake correct reporting, recording and investigation of accidents, incidents and risks.
- Identify key performance indicators that provide insight and guide improvement activities.
- Ensure KPIs are measured at all levels (daily, weekly, monthly as appropriate) and improvement actions identified and implemented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Management or other related field
- Advanced degree or relevant certification is desirable
- 10+ years progressive leadership experience in logistics/supply chain management/distribution industry with a proven track record of success
- Global operations experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must reside in the Kansas City metro area as this is an in-office role
- Proven expertise in driving lean, continuous improvement methodology to improve cost, quality, delivery and safety
- Passionate about health & safety and a successful track record implementing a H&S culture
- Demonstrated experience in business transformation and managing change (including technology enabled change)
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory management and warehouse distribution
- Positive, proactive and creative outlook with exceptional analytical ability
- In depth knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system
- Skills in financial management and analysis and strong business acumen
- Forward thinking, operating one step ahead to anticipate opportunities and challenges
- Makes sense of complex, disparate information and appropriately analyzes risk to inform clear, considered decision making in an ambiguous, changing environment
- Welcomes feedback from others and adopts a reflective practice to identify and develop areas requiring growth