Technical Lead - Authentication
Gallagher’s security customers trust us to protect their people and assets and we deliver true value to their businesses every day. Our world-class security solutions are installed in high-consequence sites, across industries all around the world and are used by millions of people every day.
Gallagher continually invests in R&D and innovation with a relentless commitment to outstanding quality. We have high growth ambitions over the next few years and we need the right people to help us get there.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Leader, with a passion for coding, to join our development team within Gallagher Security. Focused initially on reimagining the Authentication layer/platforms of our world class Security platforms, you’ll get to help guide the technology stack and work with other talented developers in further growing an already impressive product. You’ll be:
- Mentoring developers in cloud native development technologies, capabilities, and mindsets
- Producing high quality code which sets an example for others to follow
- Leading and producing high level designs which allow the product to achieve the vision and goals we have for it.
We’re looking for someone with proven experience working with cloud native products who’s comfortable taking on the challenge of decomposing a monolithic on-prem application. The successful candidate will take a lead role in building a new authentication model as our on-prem monolith transitions into a hybrid Cloud Native set of services. Our ideal candidate will also be experienced in mentoring less experienced developers, and setting precedents for others to follow, to grow the capability of the entire team. You’ll be a lifelong learner who deeply understands how to get the most out of technology stacks and knows when to make pragmatic decisions.
Some of the key skills and experience we are looking for are:
- Experience with token-based authentication and modern authentication and authorization standards such as OAuth 2.0 and OIDC
- Experience implementing Single Sign On with Entra ID in a product development environment
- Sound knowledge of writing application for containerized environments, i.e. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in both Relational and NoSQL database development
- A strong understanding of cyber security controls and best practice
- Proficient with .Net Core, C#, ASP.NET Core, Web Services, REST API's
- Minimum 7 years of commercial development experience.
Gallagher is proudly the highest ranked privately owned technology exporter in NZ. We have operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and export to over 150 countries. Our culture is entrepreneurial in spirit, complex, challenging, and ever changing. You’ll be joining a responsive future-focused team with a supportive, family-friendly work culture.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- Hybrid work environment & flexible working hours
- Fully remote will be considered for the right applicant
- When you’re in the office, we have free parking, a subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby.
If you think your passion and determination to build a great product sets you apart from the rest, we’d love to talk to you.