Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses in over 160 countries, but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families.
Part of the Gallagher Group, Thunderbird Ag is an award-winning Australian manufacturer specialising in animal management and livestock weighing systems. We’re a small but dedicated team, and we’re proud to be based in the picturesque countryside town of Mudgee NSW where 70% of our products are made onsite.
We have a rare chance for an experienced leader to join our Thunderbird Ag team and contribute to the continued success and growth of our Mudgee operations. As the Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing and optimising our manufacturing processes to ensure efficiency, quality, and on-time delivery of Thunderbird Ag products. You’ll have full site responsibility for budgets, Opex and Capex, and will play a key role in managing a talented team of 30-35 people
Reporting to the Head of Operations Australia, you’ll also be collaborating with the wider Gallagher Group based across Australia and in our head office in New Zealand to implement best practice and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
With a proven track record in a manufacturing operations leadership role, you’ll be passionate about motivating and empowering others to achieve high performance and drive great results. You’re a strategic thinker, with the unique ability to think ahead and help drive a growing business forward while keeping across the detail. To succeed in this role you’ll also have:
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and best practices.
- Experience developing and managing budgets within a manufacturing operations environment.
- Exposure to, or interest in, the agricultural industry.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
What’s on Offer?
Thunderbird Ag is proud to be based in the picturesque countryside town of Mudgee, NSW. Mudgee is a thriving community in the middle of the NSW central west wine country, offering affordable living, quality education and a vibrant arts and culture scene. An attractive relocation package will be offered to the right candidate.
You’ll be joining a culture with an entrepreneurial spirit, a supportive team, and a family-friendly work environment. We also offer:
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and full private use of company car.
- Occasional interstate and international travel.
- Development opportunities and access to global career pathways.
- Culture of high trust and empowerment, where ambition and performance are rewarded.
Leadership roles like this don’t come up very often in a beautiful location like Mudgee, so apply now and join us in creating innovative solutions for the Agricultural industry.