Senior Support Data Engineer
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families. With operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports across the world, we provide our employees unrivalled globally focused career pathways.
As part of our Information Services team, the Senior Support Data Engineer plays a key role in supporting Business Intelligence services and solutions for the Gallagher Group. You’ll be responsible for designing, developing, and testing data visualisation solutions within PowerBI, and maintaining data pipelines and platforms that support business needs and objectives.
You’ll also provide expert guidance on data engineering best practice and contribute to the continuous improvement of technology related solutions to enhance business performance and business insights.
To be successful in this role you’ll need strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a keen eye for detail and a high level of integrity and trust. In addition, you’ll also ideally have:
- Relevant tertiary IT qualification in Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or 2-5 years relevant industry experience).
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience related to the Microsoft data and CI/CD platforms.
- Experience with business and data analysis, and project delivery.
- Experience with database management.
- Experience with scripting and data management languages such as Python, SQL etc.
- Effective communication, analysis, and communication skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
At Gallagher, we foster a supportive and family-friendly work environment, where collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement are at the forefront. We value work-life balance and prioritise the well-being of our employees. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus.
- A modern environment, free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby.
- Retirement plan contribution up to 5% (on top).
- Life & Disability Insurance.
- Boost App membership; Gallagher staff discounts at a variety of NZ stores.
- Plenty of fun along the way; team building events, inspiring guest speakers, and team lunches.
Make a significant impact in Gallagher's Information Services team and contribute to the success of our global business. Apply now to become a valued member of #TeamGallagher.