Test Analyst (Customer Support)
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families.
Gallagher has operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports to over 160 countries. Our culture is entrepreneurial in spirit, complex, challenging and ever changing and the business offers New Zealand based candidates unrivalled globally focused career paths
We have established a dedicated business unit within the greater Gallagher corporate to bring dynamic and innovative thinking to the security space. With a solid investment in R&D and innovation, we have high ambitions for momentous growth over the next few years, and we need the right people in the right places to help us get there. So, come and be part of a genuine New Zealand success story, building new products targeting a global audience.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Test Analyst to join our Customer Support Squad in the Security department. As a member of the Customer Support Squad, the Test Analyst will play a vital supporting role in the team. The main focus is on quality and applying testing methodologies and documentation created with the primary goal of improving our software quality through repeatable and predictable testing techniques.
Under guidance from more senior Test Analysts, the Test Analyst role involves learning to write specific test cases, perform alpha testing, analyse and document anomalies and automate manual testing tasks.
As part of #TeamGallagher you will
- Develop test cases to verify product functionality, perform alpha testing, analyse and document anomalies based on requirements and design documents in collaboration with an agile team
- Self-manage and be proactive, as well as someone who embodies our core values of being relentless innovators and customer inspired
- Be setting up devices such as routers, IoT devices
To be considered for this role, you will
- Have a relevant tertiary degree with a minimum of 2 years' experience within the industry
- Be able to demonstrate concise written and verbal English skills
- Have experience working with automation testing, SQL databases, Testing methodologies, Git, Azure DevOps etc as well as CI/CD pipelines (e.g. TeamCity, Gitlab)
- Have prior experience with automated testing frameworks (Preferred but not essential)
- Have experience with embedded testing (Beneficial but not essential)
You’ll be joining a responsive future focused team with a supportive, flexible work culture. It’s the culture at Gallagher that results in 94% of our people saying they are proud to work here.
We care about supporting our people to grow and learn, so we host regular development seminars, our people attend conferences, and on the job we work with customers who encourage us to push the boundaries every day. We also offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Flexible hours & hybrid work arrangements; Full trust working environment that enables you to work in whichever way best achieves positive outcomes for your team
- When you’re in the office, we have free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby
- Discounts at Health, Fitness and Childcare providers, and free flu vaccinations
- Kiwisaver contribution up to 5%
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance Scheme
- Access to our community giving programme, enabling you to do some volunteer work, ask Gallagher to donate to an organisation you’re involved in, or take part in a corporate challenge
- Plenty of fun along the way; Team building events, a company wide end-of-year Christmas function, inspiring guest speakers, and team lunches
Growth at Gallagher is constant, and we are building our team with like-minded individuals who relate to our story so that together we can continue to push the boundaries of what is possible.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and an appointment to the position may be made prior to the listing closing – so apply now.