Product Improvement Lead Engineer
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what mattersmost’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some ofthe world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but ourpurpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families. Withoperations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK andEurope and exports across the globe, we provide our #TeamGallagher membersunrivalled globally focused career pathways.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced technicalleader to join our team and assist in continuing our successful drive for superiorproducts across our Animal Management product range.
In this role you will lead asmall team responsible for ensuring our product reliability remains second tonone. You and your team will work cross-functionally,building strong relationships with Research & Development, Product Management,Product Support Centres, and Operations (e.g. Manufacturing, QA, etc.)
As Part of #TeamGallagher
- Lead and coordinate efforts to understand and resolve all product reliability issues of potential significance.
- Identify potential product reliability issues using available information sources (e.g. field failures; warranty data; product quality audits; direct investigations; etc.)
- Work with the product leaders and stakeholders to define product reliability objectives, strategies, and road maps.
Key Experience & Attributes forSuccess
- A relevant Electronics Engineering qualification and strong technical aptitude.
- Proven engineering experience (10+ years) in product design/support/management. (In particular analogue/digital electronics, but also mechanical, embedded software, etc.) Ideally for volume manufacture.
- Strong emotional intelligence (EQ) and well-developed communication skills to build effective working relationships across the Gallagher business.
- Strong practical experience and be adept at hands-on technical problem solving to root cause.
- Proven experience managing cross-functional teams or projects in a collaborative way.
- Demonstrated planning and project delivery skills.
- To develop good practical understanding of farming business, practice, and technology.
This is a key role, so you needsubstantial technical experience and excellent people skills. Using your experience to get to the root causeof issues and provide solutions, you’ll be a generalist with knowledge acrossvarious functions, teams, and engineering disciplines.
Benefits & Perks
At Gallagher, we foster a supportive andfamily-friendly work environment, where collaboration, innovation, andcontinuous improvement are at the forefront. We value work-life balance andprioritise the well-being of our employees.
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- A modern environment, free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby
- Hybrid working, flexible hours
- Retirement plan contribution up to 5% (on top)
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Access to Virgin Pulse, the world’s 1# digital health and wellbeing solution platform
- Boost App membership; Gallagher staff discounts at a variety of NZ stores
- Plenty of fun along the way; Team building events, inspiring guest speakers, and team lunches
Make a significant impact in Gallagher's Animal Management department and contribute to the success of our global business. Apply now tobecome a valued member of #TeamGallagher.