Intern - Purchasing and Logistics Assistant
Dawn Aerospace is looking for a passionate Purchasing and Logistics Assistant to support the purchasing activities for our in-space propulsion systems and spaceplane research and development. You will also assist with the logistics of delivering our products to the customer and the exchange of goods between our offices in New Zealand and the Netherlands.
You will work closely with our engineers and project managers on the specification of the parts to be ordered. This can either be a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) item or a custom-made part. You place the order and follow-up with suppliers to clear any blocking points and guarantee a timely delivery.
You will support the following areas:
- Coordination and monitoring purchasing in the Netherlands.
- Ensuring the technical teams get the goods they need at the time they need them.
- Simplifying and standardising the various stages of the purchasing process and ensure purchasing is conducted in the most effective way for the company.
- Teaming up with the engineers and project managers to develop a good understanding of the items to be purchased.
- Placing orders and following-up by handling and registering of purchase orders and stock and delivery tracking.
- Liaising with suppliers and resolve any issues.
- End-to-end transport of goods between the Netherlands and the New Zealand site.
- Ensuring successful shipping of customer deliveries anywhere in the world.
- Coordinating with your New Zealand colleagues on shared projects and processes.
- Currently enrolled in a BBA/BSc or MBA/MSc in Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Operation Manager, or a similar curriculum.
- At least a keen interest in technology and/or experience in a technical purchasing environment.
- You can work with limited instruction and exceed expectations.
- Previous experience in managing vendors and suppliers.
- An eye for detail and the ability to maintain a very high level of accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the capacity to keep an overview.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in English, Dutch is a plus.
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. Your ability to creatively solve complex challenges and practical experience in designing/building/coding technology tops specific qualifications or tools.
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose.
Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing more sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space. We currently focus on two areas of space transportation:
- In-space propulsion
We're a leading supplier of turnkey green propulsion systems for various classes of satellites. Our system utilise safe, accessible propellants and we have over 50 of these propulsion units on 12 operational satellites already. A further 200 units are in production.
- Space launch
Our Mk-II Aurora spaceplane demonstrator has completed 50 successful flights and we recently completed the first campaign utilising rocket engines. Mk-II is unique in that it combines the performance of a rocket and the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
Our international teams are distributed across three locations: New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the USA.
To all recruitment agencies: Dawn Aerospace does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, our employees, or any other company location. Dawn Aerospace will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.