Dawn Aerospace is recruiting Assembly Technicians to join our Christchurch (New Zealand) team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, fast-growing company in the space industry and develop world-leading in-space propulsion technology for small satellites.
This role will involve the execution of established processes and the creation of new processes to fulfil orders of existing and future satellite propulsion products. In doing so, you will directly contribute to the success of our customers’ commercial, scientific, and interplanetary spacecraft missions. In the future, there is an opportunity for the right candidate to take a forward role in bringing new satellite propulsion products into production.
We are looking for meticulous and attentive candidates who can take the initiative, multi-task and work with minimal direction. You must be willing to go the extra mile to fulfil orders on time, to a very high standard.
- Assembly of satellite propulsion systems
- Acceptance testing & quality assurance activities
- Scheduling of production activities
- Recording of assembly data
- Improve and update assembly instructions and data packages
- Own continuous improvement
- 2+ years’ experience in a production line, or a similar assembly role
- Capable of working effectively in collaborative team environments and/or autonomously
- The ability to adapt to change quickly and positively
- Excellent hand skills and ability to assemble products
- Excellent use of specialised tools and devices
- Kean eye for detail
- Experience working in a company certified to a quality management system such as, ISO9001, AS9100, ISO13485.
- Production process development experience (Lean,6 sigma)
In your application, please be sure to illustrate examples of your best work and what this achieved. Explain what you made and how you played a part in it.
Dawn is looking for highly skilled team members keen to work in dynamic and fast-paced environments. You will be given ownership of goals from start to finish. You must have the ability and desire to work in a young company. If you want a narrow, thoroughly defined, smooth and routine role, this is not for you. We believe in giving you the tools you need, then getting out of your way.
We work a 40-hour week, Monday through to Friday, and the salary band for this full time and permanent role is between $70,000 per annum and $90,000 per annum.
If you are reliable, positive, can take the initiative, and are excited by the opportunity to be part of an innovative and high performing team, please apply using the form on this page.
About Dawn Aerospace
Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never before imagined. Our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband, but there are some significant hurdles to overcome.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
Something looks off?