About Zenith Tecnica
Zenith Tecnica is a contract manufacturer based in Auckland, specialising in the production of 3D printed titanium metal components, using Electron Beam Melting (EBM) technology. As a NZ company operating on the global stage, we are at an exciting growth point!Our technology and agile manufacturing approach, with the specialist skills of the Zenith Tecnica engineers enables a wide range of complex geometries to be produced for a range of end uses:
- Medical and veterinary implants including customised implants designed by surgeons
- Aerospace components, especially structural components for satellites
- Fixtures and fastenings for Marine and Composites manufacturers
- High-Performance Sports components for racing cars, bikes and yachts
- Defence Industry, Industrial and Speciality items
At Zenith Tecnica, we follow the philosophy of caring. We care about our customers and their components, we care about our communities and the environment around us, and we care about our staff. As a close-knit team, we are looking for someone who can not only be leader but can also fit in with our work culture of support, respect and having fun. If this sounds like you, please apply below with your CV, a cover letter and proof of citizenship (including dual or multiple citizenship).
- You will have a proven track record in a senior leadership role and preferably tertiary qualifications in business management.
- You will put people first. This means you excel in mentoring, coaching, listening and inspiring the team. We operate a high-trust model with our talented team and have a strong sense of culture and values that we expect you to demonstrate every day.
- Excellent communication skills are required, including face to face, online/remote, presentation skills and written comms with team members, Board of Directors, key customers and our industry partners.
- You will have financial skills and business management skills to increase the value of the organisation. This includes strategy development, financial planning, financial reporting and control, while managing risks and driving growth.
- You will be a person that makes decisions and gets things done, while ensuring you listen to the team and keep open lines of communication and feedback.
- If you are right for this role, you will be a person that wakes up every morning knowing that you don’t know what you don’t know. Always ready to learn, always ready to find a better way of doing things, be the first to admit your mistakes and find a new path. You will be driven by continuous improvement and be able to prioritise these improvements.
- You will have experience in digital transformation and be willing to invest in streamlining digital workflow and development of new technology that will take the organisation to the next level. Previous experience with systems integration projects would be ideal.
- You do not need to be an engineer, but you will need technical aptitude to understand the 3D printing process and you will have some experience in a production environment.
- You will be committed to compliance with Quality Systems will champion team efforts to exceed audit requirements and maintain our accreditations.
- You will have experience in forging relationships with key customers and prospects, and happy to be our brand ambassador, represent the company at international trade shows, and make presentations to groups where appropriate.
- You will meet the requirements for working on specific projects for USA Government departments and therefore your country of birth and country of citizenship will be in line with US Export Controls.
- Reports to the Board of Directors and has a strong relationship with the Board Chair.
- Lead and develop the team of 15 people and grow this team with the right people as the company grows. This includes demonstrating that our culture and values matter.
- Direct reports include the Quality Manager, Technical Director, Operations Manager, Marketing Lead and our Administration & Export Controls Officer.
- Full P&L responsibility including setting budgets, payments approvals, cashflow monitoring and achievement of company revenue goals.
- Develop annual and long-term business plans in line with business strategy that is set in conjunction with the Board. Share the vision of the company with the whole team.
- Lead our expansion into global markets, by working closely with NZTE and mentoring our engineering sales team.
- Engage with Callaghan Innovation and Lean project partners to support digital transformation projects and implement Lean processes throughout the business.
- Develop and maintain strategies to continuously improve team engagement, health and safety, customer satisfaction, productivity, performance, quality, environment, and profit.
- Guide and mentor team members to become the best versions of themselves, delegate effectively, evaluate performance against objectives, resolve conflict and assist in recruiting, hiring and inducting new team members.
- Schedule regular management meetings and participate in weekly team meetings to discuss updates, issues, solutions, innovation and feedback.
- Conduct SWOT and ‘what if’ analysis to identify and manage opportunities and risks.
- Utilise software to produce meaningful reports, track KPI’s and inform decision-making.
More About You
In addition to the above, it will be beneficial if you have experience in any of the following:
- Capital raising
- US Export Controls
- ISO9001, AS/EN 9100, ISO13485, ISO14001, ISO27001
- Space industry connections (international)
- Medical device industry connections (international)
- 3 D printing
- Precision engineering
- System integration
To apply for this position please submit your CV and other relevant information via SEEK by 15th July 2022