Skills Consulting Group
We are people creating futures for people….here in Aotearoa and around the world!
We are Skills Consulting Group, an international team of experts in organisational performance, workplace wellbeing, learning and development and education consulting based in New Zealand and working with clients around the world.
We live and breathe workplace productivity. We help organisations to organise and upskill their workforce. We assist countries to drive their economic growth.
And right at the core of everything we do is People.
The purpose and meaning of your job:
The Assistant Mentor in the Electrical Industry will play a crucial role in supporting the mentor field team, while we guide our apprentices as they develop their skills and knowledge within the electrical trade. This position involves providing administrative, relief support and some pastoral care to ensure our apprentices are successful in achieving their qualification.
The Assistant Mentor reports to The Field Support Manager and is part of the wider Field Team. This role has No direct reports.
Your key responsibilities:
Mentorship and Pastoral Care:
- Supporting mentor activity that encompasses emotional well-being and personal development
- Provide compassionate and empathetic support to apprentices, triaging their situation to the appropriate ETCO team member.
- Foster a safe and inclusive environment that encourages open communication and the sharing of personal experiences.
Safety and Compliance:
- Awareness of health and safety policies, and mindful of protocols and procedures
- Adhere to safety guidelines and intervene if necessary to prevent potential hazards
- Maintain accurate records and reporting as required to support the wider team
- Collaborate with mentors to prepare regular progress reports for both apprentices and employers/hosts.
- Communicate effectively with apprentices, mentors, tutors, and other team members to ensure a smooth flow of information and feedback.
- Address any concerns or challenges raised by apprentices
Desired Skills and Experience
Your qualifications & skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and a good understanding of how to navigate Teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a patient, approachable demeanour.
- High attention to detail and organisational skills.
It’s important to our team you have these personal attributes:
- You align with the Skills Group vital signs, Joy, Manaakitanga, Collab, Bold
- You’re commercial, inquisitive, and driven to make Skills Group an even better business offering.
- You enjoy a collaborative, fun but hard-working environment.