Experienced 3D Production Artist
Who we are:
PikPok is Aotearoa New Zealand’s oldest and largest video game developer and publisher. We strive to successfully provide rich game experiences, crafted by talented teams who are curious, take ownership, and collaborate well. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive workplace that enables our teams to make games which will be enjoyed worldwide across mobile, desktop, and console.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a talented and experienced 3D Production Artist to work across some of our most successful titles and creative properties.
Production Artists are assigned to project teams to help create and implement all elements of a game's art. They work with industry-standard content creation tools like Maya, Photoshop and Substance suite to create whatever props, characters and environment assets that a game requires. They will also work with their created assets in the engine environment, while also utilising the tools within that engine that contribute to the overall look of a finished title. These could include VFX solutions, shaders, lighting and post-processing.
The Experienced Production Artist’s responsibilities include:
- Providing support and capacity to the discipline of Production Art on project teams at PikPok.
- Producing props, characters and environment assets using content creation tools such as Maya, Photoshop and Substance suite.
- Working alongside the other members of your project team, under the guidance of your project lead in the creation and implementation of game assets for your assigned title.
- Collaborating with other project team members and facilitating and maintaining constructive lines of communication and workflows at all times.
- Proven capability working with contemporary game engines (especially Unity), and art tools like Maya, Adobe and Substance suite.
- The ability to work across a wide stylistic and genre range, in-line with the type of work and to the level of quality PikPok is known for.
- An established background or education in 3D art and design.
- A developed understanding of (and appreciation for) video games as a creative medium.
- Advanced-level knowledge of Maya and Adobe CC.
- A strong aptitude for developing new skills and expanding one’s creative knowledge.
- The ability to communicate effectively and with confidence.
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, great work ethic and strong sense of initiative.
- A desire to learn and a mature approach to both the receiving and giving of feedback.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace.
PikPok offers a wide range of great benefits, outlined on our careers page.
If you'd like to know more about the role, further information can be found here: https://link.pikpok.com/3K6Dpyz
To apply for this role please visit our careers page on https://apply.workable.com/pikpok/. Please include a covering letter with your application and a clickable link to your portfolio. If group work is included, ensure that you provide a detailed break down of your own contributions.