Senior Concept Artist
Who we are
PikPok is Aotearoa New Zealand’s oldest and largest video game developer and publisher. We strive to successfully provide rich game experiences, crafted by talented teams who are curious, take ownership, and collaborate well. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive workplace that enables our teams to make games which will be enjoyed worldwide across mobile, desktop, and console.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Concept Artist to join our Visual Development team. You’ll be particularly skilled working in a realistic style, and will operate alongside other directors, designers, and production staff toward the design and implementation of top-shelf solutions for our flagship IPs. You’ll enjoy working within a highly creative, team-focused environment and be thoughtful, reliable, and versatile in your work. You should enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges that entails. You’ll also need to be a confident and enthusiastic communicator, someone who appreciates collaboration and iteration as means to achieve the very best results.
The Senior Concept Artist's responsibilities include:
- Providing expertise, support and capacity to the discipline of Concept Art and the wider Visual Development team at PikPok.
- Producing conceptual, illustrative and/or production-ready artwork, through a variety of means and toolsets - eg: Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, etc.
- Working alongside the Studio Art Director, Visual Development team (and independently as required), to help establish and drive the visual direction of our products: providing review and critique, mentorship, and producing artwork alongside and for project teams.
- Collaborating with project teams, as well as facilitating and maintaining constructive lines of communication and workflows.
- Participating in the design and production of material in support of the publishing arm of PikPok – generally graphic art, design and illustration as required (icons, layout and typography for advertising material, and so on).
- A proven ability to work directly across a wide stylistic and genre range, in-line with the type of work and to the level of quality PikPok is known for.
- An established background in illustration and graphic design practice.
- A developed understanding of (and appreciation for) video games as a creative medium.
- Some games industry experience preferred.
- Experience in a studio or agency environment.
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe CC.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace.
- Some 3D experience, across any suite of software.
- A strong aptitude for developing new skills, and expanding one’s creative knowledge.
- The ability to communicate effectively and with confidence.
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, great work ethic and strong sense of initiative.
- A willingness to mentor, support and inspire others.
- Please note, this is a full-time, on-site role in our Wellington, NZ studio. Candidates requesting remote work will not be considered in this instance.
PikPok offers a wide range of great benefits, outlined on our careers page: https://apply.workable.com/pikpok/
If you'd like to know more about the role, further information can be found here: link.pikpok.com/3Z440Bd
To apply for this role please visit our careers page on https://apply.workable.com/pikpok/. Please include a covering letter with your application and a clickable link to your portfolio. If group work is included, ensure that you provide a detailed and accurate break down of your own contributions.