Electrical estimator to provide support for the Bay of Plenty Waikato Region
About the role
We are currently seeking an Electrical Estimator to join our Bay of Plenty and Waikato Regional teams. We need someone who will manage all aspects of the tender/project preparation process from preparing and submitting competitive bids, handover to managers / supervision and assist the project execution team to evaluate V.O.s and claims. You will be able to take full ownership and apply your creative skills to the designs, and find solutions to suit our customers’ requirements, through to measuring financial performance of the projects.
In this role, you should expect to spend your time on:
- Liaising with external clients to receive details of scope and specification of tenders
- Confirming details of tenders such as type and size of equipment, client standards, documentation required etc.
- Distributing specifications and drawings and obtain input into design, price and preparation of project, tender and contract documentation
- Completing any design needed to prepare the tender submission
- Preparing proposals including pricing schedules, complete any tender forms and proposal writeup
- Establishing the budgets for projects, cashflow and resource planning, costing and preparation of variations
- Assisting with long term development of tendering process and policy
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in commercial electrical tendering procedures
- Ability to assess bid documents and identify variances to regulations with safe design
- Proficient in Excel and Word and ability to multi-task (pricing several projects at once)
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and good time management skills
- Strong electrical knowledge and some design knowledge
By joining McKay, you’ll receive the opportunity to work on some challenging and exciting projects as well as being part of a fantastic team. We offer a competitive remuneration package, and career development opportunities to help you grow your career and be a part of our Kiwi success story.