McKay is New Zealand’s largest privately family-owned electrical contracting company with a depth of experience spanning over 80 years in providing end-to-end electrical and engineering solutions. McKay is the parent brand and has acquired and started a range of companies under the McKay Group name to serve all electrical and engineering needs. We are a dynamic and highly successful multi-disciplined electrotechnology company with a specialist Marine business that services clients in NZ and throughout the world.
McKay’s marine division is market-leading and has added value to many complex and unique marine projects all around the world, being one of the world’s leading marine electrical companies in the 30 – 145m market.
We invite applications from experienced Marine Electricians to join the Northland Marine Division based in Whangārei. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and respected company with the potential to provide you with professional development and long-term career opportunities.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
· Have a practical, common-sense approach
· Be a licensed and registered electrician who takes pride in your work
· Have proven electrical experience, with industrial or marine experience giving you an advantage
· Be comfortable dealing and working with a wide range of personalities
· Have a positive attitude towards health and safety
· Be able to work independently and as part of a team as required
Although not mandatory, additional experience in the following areas will benefit your application:
· Experience with Hybrid and Electric ships
· Experience with marine electronics, Navigational systems, and Digital switching
· Experience with PLC installations and Automation
If you’ve got a great work ethic and this is an opportunity that appeals to you, then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application with your CV and a Cover Letter stating why you are interested in the role and how you meet the requirements of this position.
The successful candidate for this position will be able to access subsidized health insurance through the McKay group with Southern Cross Health Insurance.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand or Australian citizen, you must have the right to permanent residence.