Supervisor (Electrical Projects)
About Ward Chandler:
Ward Chandler Electrical is a major electrical contractor in Auckland with a proud heritage of over 60 years, completing some of the most significant projects in the region.
As part of McKay Ltd (www.mckay.co.nz), we are now one of the largest privately owned electrical organisations in New Zealand with extensive knowledge in design, automation, and heavy industrial & commercial electrical engineering. We are a multi-disciplinary electrical contracting and electrical engineering company with branches in Whangarei, Auckland, Kawerau, Rotorua, Tokoroa, Tauranga, Hamilton, Wellington, Cromwell and in the USA. We are a dynamic, growing and highly successful electrical project and maintenance service provider.
About the role:
We are searching for an Auckland based experienced Industrial Electrician Supervisor to join our team. Being hands on and managing the site team you will ensure delivery of our Electrical construction projects, this role will be based on the project site, you will be responsible for planning works fronts and coordinating the team, ensuring delivery of current and future projects.
To meet the purpose of this role, our ideal candidate will be:
- Driven and motivated to ensure our client's & McKay’s goals are achieved for the project.
- A driver for continual improvement and “best practice” in all key commercial tasks.
- Accountable for executing project control systems to ensure compliance with company and contract procedures.
- Demonstrate past experience with Industrial project delivery.
- Able to roll your sleeves up and problem solve to keep your project moving.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Onsite technical support and staff management including mentoring.
- Track drawing and site change to identify variations and prepare the supporting paper work.
- Track time and materials accurately for team productivity.
- A role model for the health and safety of our team and report
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate:
- 3 - 5 years + experience in a similar/supervision role
- Experience in the Industrial / Commercial function of large projects.
- Motivation and leadership skills to succeed.
We will present a competitive salary including a vehicle or vehicle allowance to the successful candidate as part of our offer of employment.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a NZ or AU citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence.