Northland Mill - Team Leader
Juken New Zealand (JNL)
Juken New Zealand Ltd (JNL) is an international forest and wood products company operating in local and global timber markets. JNL owns four wood processing plants in the North Island, and forests in the Wairarapa and East Coast regions. We work closely with our parent company in Japan – WoodOne.
The two mills situated in Kaitaia are currently working a 5½ day / 24 hr operation processing Radiata Pine into reconstituted wood panels and peeled, dried veneer.
An opportunity has now become available for an experienced and motivated individual to join the business in the position of Dryer Team Leader based at our Northland Mill located in Kaitaia.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Health & Safety – Understand and portray a positive example, contribute to the HSE performance indicators to measure & improve HSE performance.
- Conduct regular appraisals as delegated by the Production Manager or Producton Supervisor, providing feedback on personal performance issues
- Escalate issues with individual performance to Production Manager and Production Supervisor as appropriate
- Ensure all training and induction requirements for all dryer team members
- Responsible for day to day supervision of the Dryer Team
- Ensuring production targets are met, quality levels are maintained and production materials and equipment are used efficiently and cost effectively.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong leadership qualities
- A good working knowledge of computers
- Reliable with a good work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow with the position
All successful applicants will be required to under go a pre-employment criminal history check as well as a medical check including, hearing, lung function and drug test.
Apart from experiencing the numerous stunning beaches, excellent fishing, walking tracks and wonderful hidden treasures of the Far North, we also offer a friendly work environment with lots of variety and challenges.
Applications must be received by COB Thursday 14th September 2023, this date may be extended to find the best candidate.