Triboard Mill - Industrial Maintenance Fitter
Juken New Zealand (JNL)
Juken New Zealand Ltd (JNL) is an international forest and wood products company operating in local and global timber markets. JNL owns four wood processing plants in the North Island, and forests in the Wairarapa and East Coast regions. We work closely with our parent company in Japan – WoodOne.
The two mills situated in Kaitaia are currently working a 5½ day / 24 hr operation processing Radiata Pine into reconstituted wood panels and peeled, dried veneer.
We are now looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join us as a Fitter based at our Triboard Mill located in Kaitaia. This is a full-time position working 42 hours per week.
$32.907 – $37.70 per hour
Allowance: Meco and tool $0.046+ $0.463 per hour and meal money 3.5 per week @$14.385
Overtime is available and varies depending on the circumstances: T1.5, or T1.25
- Perform all duties in a manner that ensure the safety of self and other personnel on site.
- Assist in the identification, elimination and control of on-site hazards, non-conformances and corrective actions.
- To carry out routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on all mechanical aspects of the plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide support to Production and Electrical Departments in mechanical matters.
- Develop a basic understanding of the process to assist with troubleshooting.
- Attend breakdowns.
- Overhaul motors and other mechanical equipment.
- Respond to plant breakdowns and ensure necessary repairs are carried out safely and efficiently, reducing downtime.
- Ensure correct lubrication of plant and equipment is maintained.
- Ensure the CMMS is utilised and the required information is input correctly.
- Ensure that all work carried out is to a high standard of workmanship.
- Ensure all H&S (Health and Safety) procedures are adhered to including the Permit to Work system and isolations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- National Certificate in Maintenance and Diagnostics - Level 4 (or equivalent).
- Trade Qualified Fitter and Turner – Level 4
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Fitter
- Experience in an industrial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Good understanding of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Ability to read and understand schematics and PID drawings
- Strong organisation and prioritising skills
- Good understanding of lubrication and lubrication systems
- Basic computer skills
Ideally, experience working with the following:
- Fabrication experience – welding, all forms (GMAW,MMAW,TIG)
- Fitting – disassembly, repair and reassembly of plant (includes but not limited to) pumps, motors, gearboxes and bearings.
- Alignment of plant and machinery
Apart from experiencing the numerous stunning beaches, excellent fishing, walking tracks and wonderful hidden treasures of the Far North, we also offer a friendly work environment with lots of variety and challenges.