Territory Manager - Hawkes Bay
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses in over 160 countries, but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families.
We’ve been in business since 1938, and our high-tech animal management solutions are now sought after around the world. Within our Animal Management business, we’re passionate about putting our technology to work to make farm life easier and more profitable for our customers, ensuring a positive impact on environmental and animal welfare issues.
We’ve got a rare chance for a motivated and ambitious sales professional to drive growth and manage key relationships with rural partners across the Hawkes Bay and East Coast region. While our brand is strong, there’s still plenty of opportunity to grow this diverse territory and establish long-term partnerships.
This is a geographically dispersed and complex region - from Waipukurau to the tip of the East Cape, it includes large stations and iwi-owned farming enterprises. On a day-to-day basis you’ll be supporting our dealer network and end-users through sales and technical support, but this isn’t your run of the mill Territory Manager role! You’ll also be looking at ways to grow the region through a strategic lens; networking, building partnerships, and running events to strengthen our brand awareness.
We’re looking for someone who’s up for a challenge, and keen to get on the farm to understand our customers’ needs to deliver comprehensive, whole-solution selling. This role will suit a strategic thinker who loves to solve problems from all angles, and who gets satisfaction from providing the best product solution, not just the sale. You’ll need to be able to relate to a broad customer base as you’ll be building relationships with local farmers, retail salespeople, farm managers, iwi, and boards. In addition, you’ll also have:
- Proven sales success (agricultural sector knowledge would be an advantage).
- Experience developing new business and creating strategic sales plans.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience managing relationships with key customers and dealers/resellers.
- Strong digital acumen, with knowledge of cloud-based solutions and the ability to relay technical information.
- A hunter mindset with a drive for success and a passion for results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (experience presenting and running events would be an advantage).
- An understanding and interest in Te Ao Māori, with experience partnering with local iwi.
The successful candidate will ideally be located in Gisborne, Wairoa, Hastings, or Napier, but there is some flexibility in terms of the location as long as it’s within the territory.
The career opportunities at Gallagher are endless, with a culture that is committed to growing your professional and personal development. You’ll be joining a responsive, future-focused team with a supportive, family-friendly work culture. We also offer:
- Competitive salary + attractive bonus opportunities.
- Full private use of company vehicle + laptop + mobile.
- Life & Disability Insurance + Retirement Plan contribution up to 5% (on top).
- Flexible working hours.
- Regular team catch-ups + training and development.
Apply now to make a significant impact in Gallagher's Animal Management team and contribute to the success of our global business.