Security Consultant - Solutions Delivery (Fixed-Term)
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families.
Gallagher has operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports to over 160 countries. Our culture is entrepreneurial in spirit, complex, challenging and ever changing and the business offers New Zealand based candidates unrivalled globally focused career paths.
We have established a dedicated business unit within the greater Gallagher corporate to bring dynamic and innovative thinking to the security space. With a solid investment in R&D and innovation, we have high ambitions for momentous growth over the next few years, and we need the right people in the right places to help us get there. So, come and be part of a genuine New Zealand success story, building new products targeting a global audience.
A team member’s upcoming maternity leave has opened up an exciting 12-month contract role in Gallagher Security’s Cyber Security squad based in Hamilton. We are on the hunt for Security Consultant to plan, implement and manage processes and procedures for mitigating cyber security risks in our Security product range. As a member of the Cyber Security squad, you’ll work with risk owners across all product development squads to ensure cyber security risks are appropriately evaluated and prioritised on a regular cadence. You’ll conduct vulnerability research and assessments, ensuring that the process of identifying, analysing and mitigating vulnerabilities in a system is carried out effectively.
Reporting to the Value Stream Lead – High Security, you’ll be joining a dedicated and engaged team who take pride in delivering cyber secure physical security systems to our customers. Your role will also encompass fostering a strong culture of cyber security awareness and practice, by supporting existing cyber security processes with our development squads, regional teams, customers, installation partners, and external penetration testing firms.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to demonstrate successful implementation of cyber security risk management processes over the 12 month contract period. We’re looking for someone who is a good communicator, can diligently plan and roll out new processes over a set period, and who is motivated to achieve a set goal by the end of their contract. Candidates for the role will ideally have the following experience and skillset:
- Tertiary qualification in computing or risk management related studies or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a team environment alongside Developers, Testers and Product Owners using agile methodologies (particularly Scrum and Kanban).
- Demonstrated experience in Cybersecurity, preferably with exposure to application security testing, Windows, Linux and network topologies.
- Previous experience of using risk management platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication and ability to write clear and concise documents describing process or problems.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills in managing relationships between technical and non-technical stakeholders
At Gallagher, we foster a supportive and family-friendly work environment, where collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement are at the forefront. We value work-life balance and prioritise the well-being of our employees. We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- A modern environment, free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby.
- Retirement plan contribution up to 5% (on top).
- Boost App membership; Gallagher staff discounts at a variety of NZ stores.
- Plenty of fun along the way; team building events, inspiring guest speakers, and team lunches.
The contract period runs from mid-Feb 2024 to mid-Feb 2025, with potential to negotiate the start date depending on candidate circumstances.
Make a significant impact in Gallagher’s Cyber Security team and contribute to the success of our global business. Apply now!