Head of Electronics Engineering
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families.
Since 1938, we’ve been helping farmers to harness the power to farm by delivering world-leading animal management solutions that enable customers to operate responsibly, productively, and profitably.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior leader to oversee and guide all aspects of electronics engineering within our Product & Technology team.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer – Animal Management, and collaborating with cross-functional teams, the Head of Electronics will play a crucial role in driving innovation, ensuring engineering excellence, and delivering high-quality electronic solutions across various projects and initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic direction for the electronics team, aligning it with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of electronics engineers.
- Develop and implement engineering processes, standards, and best practices to optimize efficiency and quality of deliverables.
- Oversee the design, development, and testing of electronic systems.
- Manage resource allocation, budgeting, and scheduling for electrical engineering projects, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality outcomes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on complex electronics engineering issues.
- Conduct thorough technical reviews and analysis of electrical designs, ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and manufacturability.
To succeed in this role you’ll need to have a strong technical background in electrical engineering, combined with exceptional leadership skills with a focus on motivating and developing engineering talent. You’ll be an excellent problem-solver with a unique mix of being able to think strategically while also paying attention to detail. In addition, you’ll ideally also have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electronics Engineering.
- Extensive experience in product design, and a proven track record of successful project delivery.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical engineering principles, design methodologies, and industry standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate electronics strategy, technical challenges and solutions to a senior leadership team with the appropriate level of detail.
Our culture is entrepreneurial in spirit, complex, innovative, and challenging. You’ll be joining a responsive future-focused team with a supportive, family-friendly work culture.
With operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports across the globe, we provide our employees unrivalled globally focused career pathways. We also offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities.
- Development opportunities and global career pathways.
- Retirement plan contribution up to 5% (on top)
- Life & Disability Insurance.
- When you’re in the office, we have free parking, a subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby.
Make a significant impact in Gallagher's Animal Management Product & Technology team and contribute to the success of our global business. Apply now to become a valued member of #TeamGallagher.