Senior Project Manager
Gallagher operates across the Animal Management and Security industries, and we’re proudly powered from the Waikato to the world. We’re New Zealand’s top privately-owned tech company and have significant ambitions to become a $1b organisation so we can have an even greater impact on the world. As a global company, #TeamGallagher is made up of around 1400 people working across multiple markets to ‘protect what matters most’ – our core purpose that we live every day. We’ve been in business for over 85 years, and we’re just as committed to innovation today as we were when we started.
Our innovative Animal Performance and Traceability solutions provide farmers with the tools to collect and automate insights on their livestock health and performance. Using our hardware solutions and intelligent software, farmers can make better decisions for today and the future.
We need an experienced Project Manager to facilitate and drive the execution of new product development projects. The solutions include Hardware and Embedded products through to Web and Mobile Software applications.
Working alongside seasoned and highly experienced cross functional product development teams, this unique role will be managing projects within both hardware and software. To bring our solutions to life you’ll be balancing business requirements, managing changes, removing roadblocks, and bringing wider stakeholders together.
Who we’re looking for
To thrive in this role you’ll have a sound understanding of product design methodologies, manufacturing processes, and experience with software project management methodologies (Agile and Scrum). As you’ll be working closely with customers and our product development team, you’ll ideally have a good understanding of the rural environment and farming practices. In addition, you’ll also have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- 5+ years relevant project management experience, ideally in hardware and software solutions
- Experience with Project Management disciplines, such as Prince2
- Product Management experience would be beneficial
- Experience with AgriTech or other in-field agricultural technology products is highly desirable
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and a track record of delivering projects to budget and deadlines
- Strong business and commercial acumen, balancing financial goals and customer needs
- Demonstrated experience of effective stakeholder management and communication in a complex global organisation.
Gallagher has a genuinely collaborative culture, where we respect all voices, and give people the freedom and autonomy to think outside the box to find the best solutions for customers. Part of being a great team and developing awesome solutions also includes building lasting relationships and having heaps of fun along the way.
Gallagher is committed to people’s ongoing training and professional development, providing career path opportunities within a truly global organisation. Other benefits that make Gallagher an incredible place to work include a family friendly culture and flexible work arrangements.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d be interested in, don’t delay! We’ll be shortlisting and interviewing candidates as soon as applications are received. We look forward to hearing from you.