Data Scientist - BI Visualisation Lead
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families. With operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports across the globe, we provide our #TeamGallagher members unrivalled globally focused career pathways.
About the Role
As a vital member of our Operations team, the Data Scientist/BI Visualisation Lead plays a pivotal role in delivering Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics solutions to drive Gallagher Group's success.
This entails implementing tech solutions to boost business performance and provide invaluable insights and effectively communicate these findings to stakeholders. As our Data Scientist you will excel in translating raw data into actionable insights, fostering data-driven decision-making. You will thrive on analysing diverse data sources creatively and communicate findings effectively, enriching our team's decision-making capabilities.
Collaboratively, this role will contribute to expanding the Analytics & Insights function within our operations and Information Services team, propelling us toward future growth and expansion.
- Data Analysis and Modelling; Collaborate to model data needs and provide valuable insights.
- Data Visualisation and Automation; Create engaging visualisations and automated analytics solutions.
- Business Solutions and Optimisation; Leverage data for solutions and optimise processes.
- Self-Development and Skills; Maintain skills and uphold professional principles.
Experience & Attributes for Success
- Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Commerce, or related quantitative field.
- Proficiency in multiple coding languages (e.g., Python, R, SAS, SQL).
- Proven expertise in applying statistical and data science models for problem-solving.
- Effective communication of technical information.
- Flexibility and adaptability with a keen eye for detail.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning and embracing new technologies.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI).
- Experience with data management and ELT tools (e.g., Databricks).
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS).
Benefits & Perks
At Gallagher, we foster a supportive and family-friendly work environment, where collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement are at the forefront. We value work-life balance and prioritise the well-being of our employees.
- Competitive salary & Annual Bonus
- A modern environment, free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby
- Embrace our Hybrid Model Join a high-trust environment
- Retirement plan contribution 5% (on top)
- Boost App membership; Gallagher staff discounts at a variety of NZ stores
- Plenty of fun along the way; Team building events, inspiring guest speakers, and team lunches
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Access to Virgin Pulse, the world’s 1# digital health and wellbeing solution platform
Make a significant impact in Gallagher's Operations Team and contribute to the success of our global business. Apply now to become a valued member of #TeamGallagher