Service Desk Coordinator - Information Services
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families. With operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports across the globe, we provide our #TeamGallagher members unrivalled globally focused career pathways.
Our Service Desk team is looking for an exceptional Service Desk Coordinator to keep things moving for the IS team and the wider organisation. The team is instrumental in providing world class technical support and an experienced, organised Service Desk Coordinator can take them a step further.
Every day will bring a new challenge, juggling multiple tasks whilst maintaining a cool demeanour. You will be part of a fabulous team who have lots of fun together and work cohesively to deliver to a high standard. It's never ‘all work and no play. The team is the hub of diversity, and you will make a wonderful addition to the team.
What You’ll be Doing
- Open and review Service Desk Calls, allocate them to the appropriate queue, and ensure timely updates in line with SLAs
- Establish positive relationships with vendors, negotiate favourable terms, and maintain contracts in a central repository
- Raise requisitions/POs promptly, reconcile purchase orders, and maintain records for credit card transactions and software purchases
- Maintain accurate records of assets and software in the IS asset register and oversee the replacement process for PCs and laptops
Key Experience & Attributes for Success
- Customer Service excellence, striving to exceed internal and external customer needs
- Strong drive for achieving tasks and objectives, willing to go the extra mile
- Meticulous attention to detail in all work areas
- Effective teamwork, collaborating with colleagues to solve problems and achieve goals
- Proactive problem-solving and initiative, taking ownership of issues and following through with solutions
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, meeting deadlines and managing time efficiently
- Familiarity with Service Desk incident logging software
- Previous experience with ERP systems is a plus
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- Prior experience in Service Desk support or an IT administrative role is advantageous
Benefits & Perks
At Gallagher, we foster a supportive and family-friendly work environment, where collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement are at the forefront. We value work-life balance and prioritise the well-being of our employees.
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- A modern environment, free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby
- Retirement plan contribution up to 5% (on top)
- Enjoy the flexibility to work from home or office once fully onboarded
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Access to Virgin Pulse, the world’s 1# digital health and wellbeing solution platform
- Boost App membership; Gallagher staff discounts at a variety of NZ stores
- Plenty of fun along the way; Team building events, inspiring guest speakers, and team lunches
Make a significant impact in Gallagher's IS Service Desk Team and contribute to the success of our global business. Apply now to become a valued member of #TeamGallagher.