Senior Procurement Category Manager
- Join a global organisation, expanding operations worldwide, and be part of a diverse and inclusive team
- Join a dynamic team, influence company-wide procurement strategies, and make a meaningful impact
- Achieve category management excellence with us, driving strategic sourcing, mitigating risks, and delivering performance insights
- Drive strategic project work to support improved business performance
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families. With operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports across the globe, we provide our employees unrivalled globally focused career pathways.
About the Role
Unlock cost savings, maximise supplier relationships, and optimise procurement strategies! Join us as a Senior Procurement Category Manager, where you'll take charge of driving efficiencies and securing essential goods and services. Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, develop cutting-edge category management strategies, and ensure seamless availability to meet our company's ever-growing needs. Be a game-changer in procurement and shape our success!
Reporting to the Group Procurement Manager you will be working alongside 3 other Category Managers with varied portfolios and budgets related to the manufacturing of our Security and Animal Management technologies in addition to indirect portfolios and budgets which support the entire organisation to deliver.
Experience across a diverse range of categories would be advantageous. This role will require great interpersonal skills, drive for sustainable results a can-do attitude!
As Part of #TeamGallagher you will
- Develop and implement category strategies, conduct market research, and ensure compliance with procurement policies
- Lead strategic sourcing processes, optimise costs, and drive continuous improvement
- Mitigate risks, monitor supplier performance, and provide performance insights for informed decision making
- Support process improvement, mentoring and coaching of the wider Procurement Team (and other key stakeholders)
Key Experience and Attributes for Success
- Tertiary qualification in business administration, supply chain management, or related field
- Advanced degree or relevant certifications (e.g., CIPS, CPSM)
- Significant experience as a Procurement Category Manager or in a similar Procurement role within a large and complex organisation
- Excellent understanding of leading procurement principles, practices, and techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of specific categories, related markets, industry trends, suppliers, and cost drivers
- Excellent negotiation, contract management, and supplier relationship management skills
- Analytical mindset leveraging data and metrics for decision-making and continuous improvement
- Strong judgment, problem-solving skills, and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ethics, integrity, and compliance with policies and regulations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Experience in business planning, target setting, and measurement
- Good knowledge of ERP systems; experience with SAP is an advantage
- Efficient task processing and prioritisation under tight deadlines
- Ability to develop and enhance strategic partnerships with key suppliers
- Proven experience providing mentoring to team and upskilling of key stakeholders
- Experience leading large and complex projects, and the ability to work across a diverse range of categories
- Results driven to ensure key stakeholders objectives are clearly understood and met
Benefits & Perks
At Gallagher, we foster a supportive and family-friendly work environment, where collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement are at the forefront. We value work-life balance and prioritise the well-being of our employees.
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- A modern environment, free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby
- Hybrid working: Enjoy the flexibility to work from home or office once fully onboarded
- Access to Virgin Pulse, the worlds 1# digital health and wellbeing solution platform
- Retirement plan contribution up to 5% (on top)
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Boost App membership; Gallagher staff discounts at a variety of NZ stores
- Plenty of fun along the way; Team building events, inspiring guest speakers, and team lunches
Make a significant impact in Gallagher's Procurement Team and contribute to the success of our global business. Apply now to become a valued member of #TeamGallagher.