Account Executive - Sydney
Position Purpose: Grow recurring revenue through the expansion Forbury’s market reach into the mid-market/boutique Commercial Real Estate owner segment
Preferred location: Sydney, Australia, CBD location preferred.
Background: Forbury serves the Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Market with software to conduct investment grade valuation analysis. Forbury enjoys a dominant position in the ‘big end of town’, and more recently has identified an opportunity to expand across the industry via a simplified proposition for boutique investors of commercial real estate who need to conduct due diligence on prior to an acquisition.
Drive market expansion
- With Country Manager APAC support, lead outbound activity to create momentum with target market vendors of CRE
- Introduce Forbury products and services to target market vendors
- Identify opportunities for Forbury software to assist market vendors (and their clients) with their own commercial outcomes
- Follow-through on outcomes: Sustain momentum with market vendors through the initial software introduction phase
- Work with Forbury product delivery/support: Build strong relationships, communication lines with internal team-members to establish and reinforce alignment on company goals
Win new customers
- Create mechanisms to reinforce and drive sales-generated qualified leads out of market expansion activity
- Take qualified leads through the sales process including software demonstrations, setting up software trials and issuing proposals
- Active deal management: ensure momentum is sustained for qualified customer opportunities
- Overcome obstacles: Work with colleagues in sales, product, marketing, and customer success to overcome existing and new sales objections
- Ensure seamless and smooth handover of new customers to customer success
Contribute to company-wide objectives
- Contribute updates during fortnightly Sales WIP meetings
- Provide input and experience to marketing team members to refine and improve the emerging Forbury sales process
- Provide constructive feedback to sales development activity (marketing team)
- Interpret relevant customer feedback for product personnel
- Pass along upsell/cross-sell opportunities to Account Management
What you'll bring
- Experience working in a sales/partnership/services capacity in Australian CRE
- Working knowledge of how software is used by small business owners
- Empathy/understanding of the time-pressure, specifically during a CRE deal cycle
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Track record of meeting sales targets
- Strong sense of integrity
What is Forbury?
Forbury is a privately held PropTech, founded in 2016 in Christchurch, New Zealand. We have experienced exponential growth over the past 18 months, during which we doubled our global headcount, launched multiple new product lines, grew ARR by circa 40%, had ZERO customer churn and successfully launched in the UK. We are proud of these efforts considering we have been in the middle of a global pandemic.
With an enviable corporate customer base across Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and the United Kingdom, we are at an exciting point in our growth trajectory. You will be working in a business with some of the smartest minds in CRE financial modelling and be responsible for articulating the value of our product to a similarly highly technical audience.
Working for Forbury
This really is a unique opportunity for a candidate who is excited by the prospects of working for one of the regions fastest growing PropTech SaaS providers. We have ambitious goals both domestically and offshore so where this role leads is driven by you. As we continue growing in every facet of our organisation, we are looking for smart, talented, and ambitious individuals who are looking to grow their careers in a rewarding, supportive and intellectually challenging environment. You will be working alongside a small friendly and entrepreneurial international team with a diverse range of backgrounds and qualifications.