IT Systems Administrator
Dawn Aerospace is recruiting a pragmatic IT Systems Administrator to join our team in Delft, the Netherlands. We are a fast-growing space company that, with a team of approx. 150 people, is developing reusable launch vehicles and space propulsion systems across sites in New Zealand and the Netherlands. In this role, you will be able to shape the digital backbone of this fast-growing space company with your expertise.
Dawn is looking for a highly skilled team member, keen to work in dynamic and challenging scaleup environment. You will be given ownership of goals from start-to-finish, and you must have the ability and desire to employ the necessary broad skills set and work in a young and fast-growing company.
Under direction of the Chief Operations Officer, and with the help of external service providers, you take ownership of, and maintain and improve, the global IT infrastructure that enables Dawn Aerospace to continuously grow.
You must be willing and able to work across different abstraction levels, from planning up to implementation. This position gives you the opportunity to significantly shape the future of IT at Dawn Aerospace.
This role may require travel to our branch in New Zealand.
- Enable a growing number of employees to work at their best by ensuring they have top notch hard and software at their disposal.
- Keep up to date with usability challenges and develop and implement plans to address them.
- Execute, manage and keep track of IT Projects
- Be the interface to, and work with, IT service providers to troubleshoot issues, outages and provide support.
- Conduct or support hardware installs and changes locally for the Delft office.
- Coordinate and delegate hardware installs and changes remotely for the New Zealand office.
- Keep up with the challenges of an elevated need for security.
- Be one step ahead of the IT architecture needs that arise in the growing organisation.
- Maintain internal documentation.
- Experience in the work described below for 3+ years.
- Hands-on experience in deploying new systems.
- Administration of mixed OS network environments.
- Administration of Microsoft Azure environment.
- Knowledge of network security.
- Knowledge of cyber security principles.
- Experience with on-site-hosted services and associated configuration.
- Intuition for the point of view of the user, not just the administrator.
- Curiosity for new tech.
- Capability to educate yourself on new topics.
- Fluent in English.
- Higher education degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in a rapidly growing organisation.
- Experience in geographically distributed enterprise networks.
- Employee device fleet management.
- Maintenance automation.
- Basic scripting abilities (Bash, PowerShell, Python).
- Data backup / recovery.
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Server hardware and software incl. virtualisation.
- Good judgement in deciding to outsource/ insource activities.
- General interest in the aerospace sector.
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose.
Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing more sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space. We currently focus on two areas of space transportation:
- In-space propulsion
We're a leading supplier of turnkey green propulsion systems for various classes of satellites. Our system utilise safe, accessible propellants and we have over 50 of these propulsion units on 12 operational satellites already. A further 200 units are in production.
- Space launch
Our Mk-II Aurora spaceplane demonstrator has completed 50 successful flights and we recently completed the first campaign utilising rocket engines. Mk-II is unique in that it combines the performance of a rocket and the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
Our international teams are distributed across three locations: New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the USA.
Apply for this Job
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. For any questions you might have before applying or if you would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Anna Thouvenin at email@example.com.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
To all recruitment agencies: Dawn Aerospace does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, our employees, or any other company location. Dawn Aerospace will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.