Senior Project Manager - Space Propulsion
We are looking for a technically strong Project Manager with a practical, can-do attitude to join our in-space propulsion team in Delft, The Netherlands.
In this role, you will be responsible for the successful and timely delivery of satellite propulsion systems to our rapidly growing customer portfolio. Dawn Aerospace has led the development of nitrous-based propulsion systems since 2018, with the first hardware on orbit in January 2021. We are experiencing a fast-growing demand for our propulsion systems, and as such, the number of projects is rising as well.
- Manage a portfolio of in-space propulsion projects - driving schedules and delivering flight hardware on time.
- Be the interface towards the customer and act as bridge to the internal development teams.
- Ensure all mission requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are managed and communicated team-wide.
- Develop project plans – responsible for overall mission leadership, including appropriate planning, direction, guidance, and budget.
- Identify, track and remove bottlenecks for our customers and the Dawn engineering teams.
- Develop best practices for new customer onboarding and project management.
- Travel, as needed, to other Dawn offices and customer locations – up to ~25%.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- A degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems Engineering (or similar).
- Some years of experience in a technical/engineering role and minimum 2 years of Project Management experience in a high-tech, product based environment.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively and appropriately balancing performance, resource use, risk, cost, and schedule.
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to flexibly and positively deal with evolving project constraints.
- Ability to filter information to focus on key aspects and maintain and close attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency.
- Experience with space projects and the spacecraft design process and standards.
- Experience in the application of systems engineering methods.
- Manufacturing and production experience.
- Working in a geographically widespread team.
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. If you have any questions before applying or would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Anna Thouvenin at email@example.com.
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose.
Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing more sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space. We currently focus on two areas of space transportation:
- In-space propulsion
We're a leading supplier of turnkey green propulsion systems for various classes of satellites. Our system utilise safe, accessible propellants and we have over 50 of these propulsion units on 12 operational satellites already. A further 200 units are in production.
- Space launch
Our Mk-II Aurora spaceplane demonstrator has completed 50 successful flights and we recently completed the first campaign utilising rocket engines. Mk-II is unique in that it combines the performance of a rocket and the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
Our international teams are distributed across three locations: New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the USA.
To all recruitment agencies: Dawn Aerospace does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, our employees, or any other company location. Dawn Aerospace will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.