Facilities and Workshop Assistant
Dawn Aerospace is looking for a versatile and proactive Facilities and Workshop Assistant to join us in our facilities in Delfgauw, The Netherlands.
If you love fixing and improving things, then this job is for you! The Facilities and Workshop Assistant is responsible for ensuring all technical systems inside and around our buildings and facilities are in working condition, are maintained and are improved as necessary. This covers safety, building systems, production tools, and the overall visual appearance of our facilities.
You will play a key role in future expansion plans by setting Dawn Aerospace up for operations in larger facilities.
Dawn is a dynamic and fast-growing high tech company. We value a pragmatic hands-on attitude towards solving any issues that you encounter during your day, within or just outside your job description! This allows you to quickly grow into roles of increased responsibilities.
- Work with vendors to ensure reliable functioning of power, communication, and security systems.
- Ordering and maintaining a sufficient supply of shared consumables required for day-to-day operations in the production environment.
- Work with all users to ensure that the workshop is clean, organised and visually appealing.
- Ensure that repairs and maintenance of production equipment is conducted by the respective vendors (e.g. Lathe, ventilation, 3d printers, specialised equipment)
- Support the implementation of safety policy (maintaining fire safety systems, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), etc)
- Support the plan and execution of moving the company to larger facilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be proficient in Dutch and English
- A hands-on, proactive attitude and solution-oriented thinking
- Prior experience in a workshop or production environment
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Bedrijfshulpverlener (BHV) certificate
- Experience with clean rooms
- Education in Facilities Management, Aerospace, Engineering or similar
- Experience in the use and maintenance of production machinery (lathe, mill, welding)
- Experience in a smaller company structure of 100-250 employees.
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose.
Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing more sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space. We currently focus on two areas of space transportation:
- In-space propulsion
We're a leading supplier of turnkey green propulsion systems for various classes of satellites. Our system utilise safe, accessible propellants and we have over 50 of these propulsion units on 12 operational satellites already. A further 200 units are in production.
- Space launch
Our Mk-II Aurora spaceplane demonstrator has completed 50 successful flights and we recently completed the first campaign utilising rocket engines. Mk-II is unique in that it combines the performance of a rocket and the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
Our international teams are distributed across three locations: New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the USA.
Apply for this Job
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. For any questions you might have before applying or if you would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Anna Thouvenin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?