Dawn Aerospace is looking for a hands-on Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT) Technician with a practical, can-do attitude to join our in-space propulsion team in Delft, The Netherlands.
As a technician you play an important role in the production and testing of Dawn's satellite propulsion hardware and will carry out a range of specialist tasks in our workshop and cleanroom facilities. All systems are assembled, integrated and tested inhouse.
- Receival and inspection of incoming items.
- Assemble propulsion components from a schematic or drawing, including tanks, piping, valves, regulators, sensors, gauges, electronics, electrical wiring, etc.
- Integrate components and (sub)assemblies into a propulsion system.
- Building test setups and handling of measurement equipment.
- Preparation and execution of hardware tests on component and (sub)system level, independently or with support from other technicians.
- Integration of the propulsion system into the customer spacecraft.
- Optimizing of AIT documentation like integration procedures, test procedures and test reports.
- Collaborate with engineering and quality to ensure all production data is accurate and complete.
- Travel to customer facilities for integration and support should be expected, as well as travel to our New-Zealand facilities for knowledge transfer.
- Able to read technical drawings and assembly instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and engineering professionals.
- Capable of working effectively in collaborative team environments and by yourself.
- The ability to adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Experience in hands-on mechanical AIT activities.
- Experience with mechanical assembly tools and pressure testing equipment.
- Experience with crimping and soldering.
- Experience with basic measurement tools such as multimeters and oscilloscopes.
About Dawn Aerospace
Dawn Aerospace is a space transportation company with a purpose.
Our mission is to enable the next generation of space users by providing more sustainable and scalable ways to access and move around in space. We believe this access, in the form of a transportation network, will fundamentally change what’s possible from space. We currently focus on two areas of space transportation:
- In-space propulsion
We're a leading supplier of turnkey green propulsion systems for various classes of satellites. Our system utilise safe, accessible propellants and we have over 50 of these propulsion units on 12 operational satellites already. A further 200 units are in production.
- Space launch
Our Mk-II Aurora spaceplane demonstrator has completed 50 successful flights and we recently completed the first campaign utilising rocket engines. Mk-II is unique in that it combines the performance of a rocket and the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
Our international teams are distributed across three locations: New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the USA.
Apply for this Job
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you. For any questions you might have before applying or if you would like to have a general conversation about Dawn Aerospace, you can contact our Recruiter, Anna Thouvenin at email@example.com.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.